While right now it seems hard to imagine the venue’s opening anytime in the next few weeks, there is however light at the end of the tunnel.
In an effort to contribute funds for the artists involved, plus to give everyone a much needed support and moral booster, the venue have today launched their re-opening party lineup, which boasts a full Irish lineup of local heroes and party starters. Obviously the dates are TBC, so let’s not put on our dancing shoes just yet, but it’s a positive one that we are opening welcoming.
You can join the event page here. Tickets for the District 8 Re-Opening party are on sale here.
Here’s how it works:
– With your ticket, you’ll get to enjoy the first night back at District 8 as soon as it’s safe to do so.
– The date will be announced at a later date once we’re able to adhere to all HSE measures that are in place.
– Your ticket money helps all the artists: we will be advancing fees to each act in order to help them out at this time.
– The ticket money also helps us cover some the costs from all the rescheduled shows and continue planning more District 8 events.
– The date we pick will be the first available Friday or Saturday night that it’s possible for us to reopen properly as District 8 in our new home in Jam Park. We’ll be ready to go and hopefully you guys will be too!
We’d like to say a huge thanks to everyone for adhering to the HSE’s guidelines so far. But we’re not out of the woods yet so it’s critical that you all continue to listen to & follow government advice. It’s the only way we’ll be able to get back doing the things we love.
And also a big, big thanks to all the frontline staff who have been doing an incredible job in difficult circumstances.
For now, be safe & we’ll see you on the dancefloor soon.
The District 8 Team