The legend and innovator, Laurent Garnier makes his return to Dublin this Friday night for District 8 at their new home in Jam Park, Swords. Laurent Garnier is guaranteed to pull out all the stops for what is going to be a special night as he brings you on a journey during his 3 hour set.
1. Although this is from 2017, it’s a great example to see how Garnier can develop a longer set while keeping it exciting. We think it’s safe to say Garnier is one of the few who would be given a three hour Boiler Room set.
2. We couldn’t make a list of Garnier’s mixes and not include his iconic 1994 BBC Essential Mix. This will definitely one to get you excited for Friday night.
3. Recorded in Trabendo, Paris in 2013 this mix is made up completely of Garnier’s own tracks or remixes. Over two hours of his own productions and a packed dance floor is a credit to this mans status. Without a doubt one of the best.
4. This fast paced and heavy hitting b2b with two legends is one that will most definitely go down in history. Jeff Mills B2B Laurent garnier in 1999 is something we wish we could have experienced first hand and could only pray to see again.
5. Another BBC Essential Mix, but this time from April 2014, Garnier is welcomed to the renowned platform for a two hour mix. Garnier has always been a supporter of longer sets and this mix highlights his ability to manage them perfectly. He titled this mix ‘looping the loop, from deep to deep’.