The man behind the mask, best known for his intense, fast and driving techno productions and sets returns to Dublin next week for a massive Valentines Day special show alongside Cailín and Aeron at District 8.
If you’re not too familiar with the mysterious techno workhorse you can check out our interview with him here. He has made a strong and lasting on the Irish techno scene since his debut here for Techno & Cans in Hangar back in 2016. He has since held the position close to the top and has continued to release emotional and relentless music.
In anticipation and excitement for his return we’ve decided to take on the difficult task of choosing our five favourite mixes.
1. 40 seconds short of two hours, but absolutely nothing short of what we’d expect from I Hate Models in this mix from Nuits Sonores which is based in Lyon, France. This HQ video also gives us the chance to get more familiar with the man behind the music and his mixing style and precision. Essential listening.
2. We step back in time with the next addition, this mix for the legendary Slam Radio is from 2016 and shows the progression of IHM’s sound over the last few years. Also worth noting is that the picture used for this mix is from his Hangar debut.
3. The next on the list follows on about a year after the Slam Radio mix and was done for DSNT, the Belfast based techno collective and label. Coming in at an hour and 20 minutes this could save you during your busy commute.
4. We couldn’t put together a list of I Hate Models mixes without mentioning Awakenings. With countless videos and clips from these mixes online gaining massive traction for his mixing paired with Awakenings top class production.
5. One of his lesser known and appreciated mixes but one of our favourites, this mix captivates some of the best of IHM into just over an hour of unforgettable tunes.
You can head over to the event here for more info and to pick up tickets for the night of intense and top class techno.