DJ Godfather (Brian Jeffries) is one of the founding fathers of the Detroit Ghettotech scene. Godfather started DJing at the age of 15 and within a few months was already playing in clubs and after-hour parties across the Motor City.
By the age of 17 Godfather had started making music and a year later, released his first solo record on Twilight 76 (the label he started with DJ Dick and Brian Gillespie).
The creation of other labels followed, including the influential Databass, which he revived in 2018. With a career spanning nearly 3 decades, Godfather continued to deliver the goods as well as supporting new Detroit talent, as his Godfather moniker implies.
As a DJ, his battle style turntablism has made him a hero in his city and the many places around the world where he’s laid down his fine-tuned skills. Over the years it’s gained him worldwide recognition and various DJing accolades.
Despite the many tracks, EPs and mix compilations he’s released over the years, ‘Electro Beats For Freaks’ is DJ Godfather’s first proper artist album, and his biggest undertaking to date. With nearly 2 hours of music, it’s a collection of 44 tracks that range from Ghettotech, Juke, Electro Tech house to Bmore. The tracks (only a handful of which have been previously released) transition into one another with a seamless flow, so they can either be listened to individually or as a continuous playback.
Stick the release date of November 20th in the diary.
- Allow Me To Reintroduce Myself
- Bitch Get Off Me (Feat. Parkhouse)
- Keep My Name Out Your Mouth (Feat. Lil Mz 313)
- Bounce Dat Ass (Feat. Goodmoney G100)
- Show Some Respect
- Godzilla 2020
- Shut The Fuck Up (Feat. King Saadi)
- Only One City
- Make The Ass Go BOOM (Feat. Goodmoney G100)
- Get It Girl
- Rebirth Of A City
- It’s On Again (Feat. Goodmoney G100)
- Games With WOPR
- Late Night Funk
- Wack DJ (Feat. Goodmoney G100)
- King Of The Circle
- Jit Like Me (Feat. Parkhouse)
- Elektro Rok
- High (Feat. Goodmoney G100)
- Jit Or Die
- Work The M.F. (Feat. Parkhouse)
- Sunday Morning Spliff
- They Wanna See My Footwork (Feat. Goodmoney G100)
- The Battle
- Owe You Shit (Feat. Lil Mz 313)
- Booty Funk
- These Strippers (Feat. Dan Diamond)
- Certified Freak Hoe (Feat. King Saadi)
- Up All Night (Feat. Christina Chriss)
- Loud Mouth (Feat. Goodmoney G100)
- I’m Drunk, I’m High (Feat. Parkhouse)
- Big Girl (Feat. Parkhouse)
- The D
- But Her Friend (Feat. Goodmoney G100)
- 313 Keep It Down
- Nights At The Packard
- Like Some Dubstep
- Blow The Bitch Down (Feat. Goodmoney G100)
- Do It!
- Detroit After Dark
- Let Me See That Jit
- Smoke In Da Air